Tiger Tales

Students move out while still in school

Eli Buck, Reporter

People say that they are moving out, getting away, doing whatever they can to get out of the house and get away from the parents. Some do it after, some do it before graduating. Many students live on their own.
Living on their own comes with responsibilities. Things like renters insurance, paying their own bills, and taxes. These things can be hard for teenagers that juggle school and a minimum wage job.

Joey Graham, junior, says he plans on moving out of his moms in about three months. Graham plans on renting a house and living on his own.
“Yeah, I’m excited that I am able to finally make my own decisions,” Graham said.
Graham recently turned 18 and hasn’t graduated high school.
“It’s been something I’ve had planned for a while,” Graham said
Tameka Donnell, senior, recently moved out of her house and is now living with a friend. Donnell has been 18 for a couple months.
“I just have a lot of free time now, it’s kinda fun,” Donnell said.
Donnell plans on going to USI or EU next year. She isn’t sure what she wants to do there though.
Moving out can have a lot of responsibilities that follow the moving out process. This process hardly leaves room for school and rest. If they’re are able to make it on their own with the job that they have and balance school and sleep, this may be an opportunity for them to show responsibility.
Hillary Caudill, senior, moved into her boyfriend’s house last december. Despite being 17 her parents allowed her to move.
“It’s not bad, helping pay bills kinda sucks but that’s just adulthood for you,” Caudill said.
Caudill’s message for students that plan on moving out is to take their time, and to make sure they can do it when they’re are ready.