Tiger Tales

Girls Basketball Season Outlook

Conner Gentry, Reporter

As many of you know the girls basketball team is under a totally new coaching staff. With that new coaching staff comes new philosophies on the way things are done.

Brittany Maners is the head coach of the Lady Tigers basketball team, and she comes with something different in mind. Her and the Lady Tigers plan to take it one game at a time.

She likes that the talent the Freshman class for example Hannah Sisk, and Reaghan Page whom each of them have a spot on the varsity lineup. Also the way that the whole team works together in certain situations. Also the upper-classmen show them how to be good leaders and to learn to play together as a team.

“Right now we are just taking it one game at a time, some of the things that the girls have been talking about is winning the big rivalry games, Toyota Classic, and sectionals,” said Maners.

The biggest obstacle for the Lady Tigers right now is that everything is new like on the offensive and the defensive side of the ball, and with the Freshmen class being very young need to learn and play leadership roles. The Lady Tigers look to improve all of the players leadership roles while they are both on the court and off the court, Maners said.

Kiare Young, Senior at PCHS has played with the Lady Tigers all four years of high school. She plans for the season to finish out well, and also her individual goal for the season is to reach her career 1,000 points.

“I couldn’t have done what I have done without my teammates help,” Young said.

She plans for this season to finish with a winning record, and the season is off to a good start. The Lady Tigers have many big rivalry games coming up.  

“It goes by too fast,” said Young on it being her senior year.

Hannah Sisk, Freshman at PCHS is part of the Lady Tigers youth movement on the varsity level which seems to be pretty promising. She said her individual goal for the season it to become a better person on and off the court.

Sisk said she is pleased with how the team is progressing so far.

“I think we are actually doing better than everybody thought we were and it’s going to be great,” said Sisk on how she plans for the season to go.

“Yeah, I have a spot on this team and I have to prove myself,” said Sisk on playing at the varsity level as a Freshman.