Tiger Tales

PCHS Baseball team excited for new season

Bailee Pierce, Editor-in-Chief

Baseball season is in full swing and players have been practicing in anticipation of this season. The seniors are on the brink of graduation and also playing their last season of high school baseball.

Senior, Rylin Stough, said he has been playing baseball since he was three years old because he began playing with his dad.

Stough said that this year, there are eight seniors on the team and that they all get along pretty well. Stoughs position on the team is a shortstop.

“We like to fool around and joke with each other a lot but when it comes down to it we are all business on the field and we get stuff done,” Stough said.

One goal Stough said he has for this season is to advance through the sectional and conference championships.

Freshman, Lance Stuckey has been playing baseball since he was five years old, and he plays center infield on the JV team.

“My parents encouraged me to play and my brother also played in high school,” Stuckey said.

Stuckey says that he is most excited to play against Gibson Southern mostly because of the county rivalry.

David Jones, junior, says that he hopes to play baseball in college and that the support from his peers motivates him to do good on the field. Jones also mentioned that his main goal of the season is to play his best and make zero errors on the field.

In years past, Jones said he has played on a traveling baseball team and said that it is more competitive than high school baseball.

Jones said that the only thing he is nervous about approaching his senior year is having a bad season. But, Jones said that he has high hopes for this years team, and hopes the team does their best.